Learn how to enable, and configure API access for your instance
The Kandji Enterprise API is automatically available to customers Plan 500 or higher. The Enterprise API is not enabled by default on new or existing instances. If you would like for the Enterprise API to be enabled for your instance please contact support. API access is available as an add-on for customers below Plan 500. See our pricing page for plan details.
Generate an API Token
Authentication to the Enterprise API is controlled via instance-level bearer tokens. These tokens can easily be generated by administrators in Settings, under the Access tab.
- Login and Click on Settings.
- Click the Access tab.
- You can see your instance's specific API URL.
- Click the Add button to create a new API Key.
- After clicking the Add button, you will be asked to specify a Name for your API Token.
- Click Save after specifying the Token Name.
- After saving the Token Name, a new modal will be shown providing you with the API Token. Clicking the visibility symbol will expose the API Token.
- Clicking the Copy button will automatically copy the API Token to your clipboard.
- Click Close after collecting the API Token.
Modify an API Token
Once an API Token has been created for an instance, you can modify the name of the token, or revoke the token to prevent further access.
- Click the ellipsis next to the token.
- Clicking Rename will open the API Token Name modal as previously shown. This will allow you to edit the name of the API Token.
- Clicking Revoke will immediately invalidate the API Token and prevent further use of the token. Once a token is revoked it will not be shown in the list of API Tokens for your instance.