How to erase all data on a Kandji enrolled Mac
Learn more about the expected behaviors of the Erase Device command.
When a device is erased via Kandji, all data will be erased from the Mac. After the erase has been completed, the Mac will display a lock screen. Once the PIN code (provided by Kandji) is entered, the Mac will display a question mark. Installing macOS is required to use the computer again. Review Apple's guide to reinstalling macOS by clicking here.
Erase a macOS Device
- Navigate to Devices in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click on the desired device.
- Click the Device Actions button at the top right-hand side of the window.
- Select Erase Device.
- Type ERASE to erase the device.
- Click the Erase Device button.
- Intel-based Mac computers running macOS 10.15 or earlier, or those without the Apple T2 Security Chip running any version of macOS, will show a pin code in the Web App to unlock the device and complete the erasure. Click "this PIN" in the banner to view the PIN.
If the PIN does not appear automatically, attempt to refresh the page.
For more detailed information about taking action on devices, see the Devices section of our Knowledge Base.