Overview of how to create a custom profile to configure the Mac Desktop Picture
This process is only recommended for advanced users. We strongly recommended that you thoroughly experiment on test devices before deploying to your production devices.
Download and install ProfileCreator:
- Navigate to https://github.com/ProfileCreator/ProfileCreator.
- Scroll down to the Read Me section.
- Click the link under Download to download the latest version of Profile Creator.
- Drag and Drop ProfileCreator into your Applications folder.
Create your Desktop Picture Profile:
Once you have ProfileCreator open, follow these steps.
- Click the Add (+) button in the top left as shown below.
- Set Name preferred profile name.
- Set Payload Description to a description of the profile.
- Set Organization to your Organization's name.
- Set Payload Scope to System.
- In the lower left-hand search box, search for and select Desktop Picture.
- Configure the appropriate options inside of the Desktop Picture payload.
- NOTE: To deploy a custom desktop picture locally, a Custom App Library Item will be necessary. A zip file containing the image can be added to the Custom App Library item in Kandji. The desired extraction folder must match what is being referenced in Profile Creator.
- Click Add in the top right corner of the Dock Payload.
You must select the + button next to each key you want to include and x to disable a key. An example configuration is shown above
9. Click the Share option in the top right.
10. Select a save location and Save your profile.
Upload your Custom Desktop Picture Profile to Kandji
- Click Library from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click Add New on the top right-hand side.
- Click Custom Profile.
- Click Add & Configure.
- Select a Blueprint from the Blueprint Assignment dropdown.
- Drag and drop your profile to upload it will automatically give itself the name of the profile you have uploaded.
- Save your custom profile.