Learn how to delete a local user directly from an enrolled Mac
Leveraging Apple's MDM framework, Kandji provides administrators the ability to delete a macOS user account. Deleting a user in this way leverages the MDM protocol, meaning that as long as the device is online, an account should be deleted near-instantly. For information on erasing devices, see our guide here.
Deleting a User Account
- Click Devices from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Select a macOS device from your list of devices.
- Click the Device Actions button at the top right-hand side of the window.
- Click the Delete User Account option from the menu.
- Input the full Account Name of the user you would like to delete.
- Click Delete User.
You can check the progress of this command by going to the activity section of the device record. A list of all local usrs on an enrolled Mac can be viewed by going to the Details tab of a device record.