Initial configuration of Apps and Books
Apps and Books (formerly VPP) allows you to distribute App Store Apps to your organization’s devices. For more information on adding Apps from Apps and Books, you can read our guide here.
If you have an additional MDM in Apple Business Manager or are in a trial, we recommend setting up a new location for Kandji and integrating that new token. Attempting to share a location token between different MDMs is not recommended and can create abnormal behavior.
To configure Apps and Books take the following steps:
- Navigate to Settings in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Select the Apple Integrations tab.
- Click the Configure button inside of Apps and Books.
- In Apple Business Manager navigate to your profile on the bottom-left and select Preferences.
- Click on Payments and Billing.
- Download your Apps and Books Location Token.
Note: Each Server Token in this list is based on a Location in Apple Business Manager.
- Navigate back to the Kandji Web App and upload your token.
- Click Complete Apps and Books Setup.
Once you have the Apps and Books integration completed, you will have the option to update apps when Kandji detects a new version automatically.
For more information on available Kandji integrations, you can read our Integrations Overview.