Overview of how to create a custom profile to configure the Mac Dock.
After deploying applications to your macOS devices, adding their icons to the dock can make them easier for your users to find. Adding icons to the dock can be accomplished by creating a custom profile.
This process is only recommended for advanced users. We strongly recommended that you thoroughly experiment on test devices before deploying to your production devices.
Download and install ProfileCreator:
- Navigate to https://github.com/ProfileCreator/ProfileCreator.
- Scroll down to the Read Me section.
- Click the link under Download to download the latest version of Profile Creator.
- Drag and Drop ProfileCreator into your Applications folder.
Create your Dock Profile:
Once you have ProfileCreator open follow these steps.
- Click the Add button in the top left as shown below.
In the New window, configure the general payload as shown below:
- Set Name to whatever you would like the profile name to be.
- Set Payload Description to a description of the profile.
- Set Organization to your Organization's name.
- Set Payload Scope to System.
- In the lower left-hand search box, search for and select Dock.
- Configure the appropriate options inside of the Dock payload.
- Click Add in the top right corner of the Dock Payload.
9. Click the Share option in the top right.
10. Select a save location and Save your profile.
Upload your Custom Dock Profile to Kandji
- Click Library from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click Add New on the top right-hand side.
- Click Custom Profile.
- Click Add & Configure.
- Select a Blueprint from the Blueprint Assignment dropdown.
- Drag and drop your dock profile to upload it will automatically give itself the name of the profile you have uploaded.
- Save your custom profile.
The devices enrolled in the selected Blueprints will display the customized Dock after their next check in with Kandji.