Learn how to navigate and install software from Self Service on managed macOS computers
If a Kandji Agent update is pending, Self Service for macOS automatically closes after 15 minutes of user inactivity.
Opening Self Service
The Self Service App will automatically install on all enrolled Mac computers. Self Service can be opened from either the menu bar, Launchpad, the /Applications folder in Finder, or URL. Self Service is installed at:
/Applications/Kandji Self Service.app
Although the name of the app is Self Service, the path to the app uses the full name Kandji Self Service.app
From the Menu Bar
To launch Self Service from the menu bar.
- In the menu bar, click the Kandji logo.
- Hover over Kandji Self Service and Choose Open.
To launch Self Service from Launchpad:
- In the Dock, click Launchpad.
- Click Self Service.
To Launch Self Service from the /Applications folder in Finder:
- In the Dock, click the Finder.
- In the Finder window sidebar, click Applications to open the Applications folder.
- Double-click Self Service.
To Launch Self Service from a URL:
- In a web browser, enter the following URL then press Return:
Navigating Self Service
The primary means of navigating within Self Service is the navigation bar on the left side of the app window. The All category will always be shown there. Any additional categories will automatically populate and display based on the library items assigned to the computer.
- Search: Search Self Service for available items.
- All: All items that are available in Self Service.
- Recommended: Any items marked by the administrator as recommended. Each item that's recommended has the Recommended icon displayed next to it (by default a star icon).
- Other categories, depending on the organization's configuration.
- Activity: Recent installation activity, app install dates, and installation status can be found here.
Installing Available Applications
Apps that are available for Self Service installation will display the following:
- App icon
- App name
- App description
- Install button
Clicking the Install button will download and install the app. After installing an app, that button will change to Open. To access additional options:
- Move the pointer next to the Open button and click the ellipsis. The following options become available:
- Reinstall the app
- Show the app in Finder
- Add the app to the Dock
- Open the app's support webpage
- Show the app in the App Store (Apps & Books apps only)
Clicking the App icon or App name will bring up additional information:
- App icon
- App name
- Short description
- Long description
- Install button or Open button (after an app has been installed the Install button changes to the Open button)
Device Localization Support
When a user configures their macOS device to use one of the supported languages as its primary language, the Self Service app displays localized text for non-customizable strings. No admin configuration is required to enable this capability.
The following languages are supported:
French / French (Canada)