Learn how to change details or parameters on a Blueprint
Kandji makes it easy to create, modify, delete, and duplicate Blueprints. Modifying a Blueprint lets you change details (such as its image, name, and description) and parameters.
Edit the Image, Name, or Description of a Blueprint
- Click on Blueprints in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Navigate to the Blueprint you'd like to edit.
- Click on the Actions button at the top right of the screen then click Edit Blueprint.
- Edit the Image, Name, or Description boxes as you see fit.Name: Your Blueprint should be named with a simple short description that defines which devices will be enrolled. For instance: "All Staff" or "CIS Compliant".
Description: Provide more detail that will further clarify what defines this Blueprint.
Edit the Parameters inside a Blueprint
Changing the Parameters inside Blueprints is easy. However, it is essential to understand how changes to a Blueprint will affect Mac devices enrolled before doing so.
Changes on enrolled Mac devices
Any computer enrolled in a specific blueprint will check-in with Kandji's servers every 15 minutes to get the most recent parameters to enforce. After saving changes to a Blueprint, all Mac devices enrolled will automatically implement the changes during their next check-in.
Changes that require a restart
If a parameter results in the Mac needing to be restarted, a 5-minute timer will start on the user's Mac. If the user does nothing, the Mac will reboot itself after 5 minutes has passed.
To Edit Parameters
- Navigate to Blueprints in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Select the Blueprint you wish to edit Parameters for.
- Click the Edit Parameters button.
- Find and enable/disable any parameters you wish by toggling them on or off.
- Click Save Selection.