- Enroll Devices
We strongly recommend testing your Blueprints on Virtual Machines or specific testing devices, not in your production environment. This is a great way to verify your configuration works before deployment.
Kandji recommends the following testing checklist:
- Removal of current MDM (if applicable). Once the previous MDM profile is removed ensure company devices can still connect to Wi-Fi.
- Testing of all desired security settings.
- Rigorous testing of app compatibility for all teams whose devices you will be enrolling in Kandji.
Adding devices to Kandji through Automated Device Enrollment with Apple Business Manager is easy to set up, and can create true zero-touch deployment for your fleet. To configure device setup follow the steps in the next two sections.
Section 1: Individual Device Assignment.
- Log in to Apple Business Manager and select Device Assignments from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Choose the device identifier you would like to use and fill in the information below.
- Select “Assign to Server” under the Perform Action dropdown.
- Select “Choose MDM Server” under the MDM Server drop-down and choose the Kandji server you created when enabling MDM with Kandji.
Section 2: Default Device Assignments.
- Select Settings from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Select Device Management Settings.
- Inside of Device Management Settings, under Default Device Assignment you can have each device type automatically assign to the Kandji MDM Server and automatically receive the default Blueprint that you have configured in the Kandji Web App.
Note that the Blueprint can be changed for devices in the Kandji Web App later if desired.
If your devices are already set up, then adding them through the Kandji enrollment portal makes it a breeze for your team to enroll on their own.
Enrollment through the Kandji Enrollment Portal
- Navigate to Add Devices in the left-hand navigation bar.
- When the Enrollment Portal is set to active you will have a custom Enrollment Portal Link you can provide to your user so they can enroll their devices.
- Provide the user the custom Enrollment Portal Link and the Enrollment Code for the Blueprint you wish to enroll their device in.
For more detail on all available methods for enrollment click here.
You just breezed through the Getting Started with Kandji!
If you have any questions, please take a look through our extensive and ever-growing Knowledge Base. If you just can't find the answer you are looking for you can always contact our support team.