How to enroll your Apple TV devices into Kandji?
Required: Kandji Assignment Inside Apple Business Manager
tvOS devices can only be managed if they are assigned to Kandji inside your Apple Business Manager account. If your Apple TV isn't available in your Apple Business Manager account, follow these steps.
Enrollment occurs at the initial Setup of an Apple TV. Devices that are already past the initial setup screen will have to be reset in order to enroll.
Apple TV Enrollment
Kandji allows you to enroll your tvOS devices through Apple's Automated Device Enrollment process.
Assign your Apple TV devices to the Kandji MDM Server
- Log in to Apple Business Manager and select Device Assignments from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Chose the device identifier and fill in the relevant information.
Click Assign to Server under the Perform Action dropdown.
Click Choose MDM Server under the MDM Server drop-down and chose the Kandji server you created when enabling MDM with Kandji.
To ensure all future Apple TV devices purchased will automatically be assigned to Kandji, continue to step 5.
Click Settings from the left-hand navigation bar.
Click Device Management Settings.
In Default Device Assignment > Default Device Assignment you can assign the default Blueprint you would like any Apple TV to be assigned to.
Confirm your Apple TV devices appear in Kandji
- In the Kandji Web App select Devices in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click Auto-Enroll Devices.
- Confirm that you see you the Apple TV device(s) that you assigned from Apple Business Manager.
Tip: If you don't see the Apple TV device(s), click the Sync Now button
To learn how to configure "Auto Advance" for Apple TV please see this article.