How to enroll your Apple TV devices into Kandji
Required: Kandji Assignment Inside Apple Business Manager
tvOS devices can only be managed if they are assigned to Kandji inside your Apple Business Manager account. If your Apple TV isn't available in your Apple Business Manager account, follow these steps.
Enrollment occurs at the initial Setup of an Apple TV. Devices that are already past the initial setup screen will have to be reset in order to enroll.
Apple TV Enrollment
Kandji allows you to enroll your tvOS devices through Apple's Automated Device Enrollment process.
Assign your Apple TV devices to the Kandji MDM Server
- Log in to Apple Business Manager and select Devices from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Search for a device in the search field
- Select the device from the list
- Click Edit MDM Server
Click Assign to the following MDM and choose the Kandji server you created when enabling MDM with Kandji
Confirm that you want to change the MDM server the device is assigned to
Ensure all new Apple TV devices purchased will be assigned to Kandji
- Select your name from the left-hand navigation bar
- Select Preferences
- Select MDM Server Assignment
- Under Default MDM Server Assignment, select Edit
- Choose the Kandji server you created when enabling MDM with Kandji for Apple TV
Note that the default Blueprint can be changed at any time inside the Kandji web app.
Confirm your Apple TV devices appear in Kandji
- In the Kandji Web App, select Devices in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click Devices under Automated Device Enrollment
- Confirm that you see the Apple TV device(s) that you assigned from Apple Business Manager.
Tip: If you don't see the Apple TV device(s), click the Sync Now button
To learn how to configure "Auto Advance" for Apple TV, please see this article.