Overview of how to create a custom profile to configure the Mac Desktop Picture
If deploying via Kandji, there is no need to sign the profile. Kandji will sign it when it is deployed. This process is only recommended for advanced users. We strongly recommended that you thoroughly experiment on test devices before deploying to your production devices.
This method will lock the desktop picture so that the end-user cannot change it
Download and install iMazing Profile Editor:
- Navigate to https://imazing.com/profile-editor
- Click "Free Download" or download from the Mac App Store.
- If downloaded directly, open the iMazingProfileEditorMac.dmg and drag iMazing Profile Editor.app to your Applications folder.
Create your Desktop Picture Profile:
Once you have iMazing Profile Editor open, follow these steps.
- Select the General domain on the left side.
- Set Name to whatever you would like the profile name to be.
- Set Identifier to a unique string.
- Set Organization to your Organization's name.
- Set Payload Description to describe the profile's purpose.
- Set Payload Scope to System.
- In the upper right-hand search box, search for Desktop Picture, and Add the Configuration Payload.
- Configure the appropriate options inside of the Desktop Picture payload.
9. Navigate to the Menu Bar and click File > Save.
10. Select a save location and Save your profile.
If deploying via Kandji, there is no need to sign the profile. Kandji will sign it when it is deployed.
Upload your Custom Desktop Picture Profile to Kandji
- Click Library from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click AddNew on the top right-hand side.
- Click Custom Profile.
- Click Add & Configure.
- Select a Blueprint from the Blueprint Assignment dropdown.
- Drag and drop your profile to upload it will automatically give itself the name of the profile you have uploaded.
- Save your custom profile.