Use this guide to begin testing your Blueprints and enrolling your devices in Kandji
What is covered in this guide:
We strongly recommend testing your Blueprints on Virtual Machines or specific testing devices, not in your production environment. This is a great way to verify your configuration works before deployment.
Kandji recommends the following testing checklist:
- Removal of current MDM (if applicable). Once the previous MDM profile is removed, ensure company devices can still connect to Wi-Fi.
- Testing of all desired security settings.
- Rigorous testing of app compatibility for all teams whose devices you will be enrolling in Kandji.
Adding devices to Kandji through Automated Device Enrollment with Apple Business Manager is easy to set up, and can create true zero-touch deployment for your fleet. To configure device setup follow the steps in the next two sections.
Section 1: Individual Device Assignment.
- Log in to Apple Business Manager and select Devices from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Search for a device in the search field
- Select the device from the list
- Click Edit MDM Server
- Select Assign to the following MDM and choose the Kandji server you created when enabling MDM with Kandji
- Select Continue
- Confirm that you want to change the MDM server the device is assigned to
Section 2: Default Device Assignments.
Select your name from the left-hand navigation bar
- Select Preferences
- Select MDM Server Assignment
Under Default MDM Server Assignment, select Edit
- Choose the Kandji server you created when enabling MDM with Kandji for each device type
Note that the Blueprint can be changed for devices in the Kandji Web App later if desired.
If your devices are already set up, then adding them through the Kandji enrollment portal makes it a breeze for your team to enroll on their own.
Enrollment through the Kandji Enrollment Portal
- Navigate to Add Devices in the left-hand navigation bar of the Kandji web app.
- If the Enrollment Portal is set to active, you will have a custom Enrollment Portal Link you can provide to your user so they can enroll their devices.
- Provide the user the custom Enrollment Portal Link and the Enrollment Code for the Blueprint you wish to enroll their device in.
For more detail on all available methods for enrollment, click here.
You just breezed through the Getting Started with Kandji!
If you have any questions, please take a look through our extensive and ever-growing Knowledge Base. If you just can't find the answer you are looking for, you can always contact our support team.