Learn about and deploy an AirPlay Security Profile.
AirPlay Security allows you to control who can connect to an Apple TV via AirPlay, as well as how they are challenged.
Create an AirPlay Security Profile
- Click Library from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click Add New from the upper right-hand corner.
- Select the AirPlay Security Profile and click Add & Configure.
- Give your profile a name such as "AirPlay Security".
- Choose which Blueprints to assign the profile to from the assignment dropdown.
- Choose an Access Policy option.
- Allow connections from all devices: This option will allow any nearby device to attempt to use AirPlay with the Apple TV, as long as it's in range.
- Require devices to be on the same network as Apple TV: This option requires devices to be on the same network as the Apple TV to AirPlay content.
- Require a passcode once per device: Require the connecting device to enter a passcode only at the device's first connection to each enrolled Apple TV.
- Require a passcode every time: This option will require the connecting device to enter a passcode that is shown on enrolled Apple TVs at every connection.
- Specify a password: This option allows you to set a static password to connect to the Apple TV. Note that this password will not be displayed on the Apple TV when an AirPlay connection is initiated.
8. Click Save.
For information about enrolling tvOS devices, you can read our guide to enrolling your Apple TV.