Learn how to create an API token to use when setting up an integration between Snipe-IT and Kandji
To set up the Snipe-It integration with Kandji, your Kandji account needs access to the Kandji API. If you don't already have that access, please contact your Customer Success Manager to enable API access for your instance.
If you already have an API token configured with the correct permissions, visit the Kandji2Snipe Github to set up the integration.
Creating an API Token
Snipe-IT uses API tokens created in Kandji to make requests.
- In the Kandji web app, navigate to the Settings page.
- Click the Access tab.
- In the API Token section, click the Add Token button on the bottom left.
- Enter a Name and an optional Description for your API token.
- Click Create.
- Kandji will display a modal with the API token. Click the visibility symbol to expose it or use the Copy Token button to copy the API token to your clipboard, storing it in a safe place. Note: You will not be able to see the token details again.
- Click Next.
- Click Configure to manage the API permissions for this specific token.
- Select the following permissions for the API token.
- Update a device
- Device details
- Device list
- Device ID
- Device Activity
- Click Save.
- After creating the API token, you will see it in the API Token list.
For additional details on creating and managing an API token, please see the Kandji API support article.