Learn how to configure a SCIM user directory integration
To configure a SCIM integration between your Identity Provider (IdP) and Kandji, you will need to:
- Create a new SCIM Directory Integration in Kandji
- Obtain the SCIM API URL and API token from Kandji to use with your IdP.
- Access your IdP to create an app integration, map SCIM attributes, and push desired user groups.
After completing the steps in this article, refer to the IdP-specific article for information on how to configure SCIM within your IdP. Below are the currently available IdP support articles. After completing the steps in this article, refer to the IdP-specific article for information on how to configure SCIM within your IdP. Below are the currently available IdP support articles. Kandji's SCIM implementation follows the SCIMv2 specification.
Azure Active Directory
Create a New SCIM Directory Integration
- Navigate to Integrations in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click Discover integrations in the upper-right of the Integrations page.
- On the SCIM tile, click Add and configure.
- Click Get started.
- Enter a unique name for the SCIM integration.
- Click Generate token. The SCIM user directory integration uses an HTTP authorization header with a Bearer Token as the authentication method.
- Click Copy token.
- Confirm that you have copied the token and that you know you will need to change it if you want to see the token details again.
- Click Done. You will return to the Integrations page.
Obtain the SCIM API URL
Your SCIM API URL will be in the format of https://subdomain.clients.us-1.kandji.io/api/v1/scim
- Click the ellipse on the SCIM directory integration you just created.
- Select View Details.
- Copy the SCIM API URL; your identity provider will require this.
- Click Close.
SCIM schema and supported attributes
Kandji supports the following SCIM attributes. Refer to these attributes when mapping your SCIM application in your IdP.
Kandji does not use any attributes that are not in the list below. To limit the attributes sent, please modify the attributes configured in the SCIM app in your IdP.
|Unique identifier for the user, used to authenticate to the service provider||Yes|
The user's full name (for example, "John Doe"). This attribute or the displayName attribute is required
The user's full name (for example, "John Doe"). This attribute or the name.formatted attribute is required
The user's title, such as "Vice President."
The user's status within the identity provider.
Kandji moves soft-deleted and inactive users to the Archived Users section of Kandji.
The user's email address as a subattribute of emails.
Kandji only stores the first email in the list.
|department||Identifies the name of a department.||No|
|A human-readable name for the Group.||Yes|
A list of members of the Group.
Identifier of the member of the Group.
When using SCIM to sync users from a directory, the SCIM app automatically sends new information to Kandji, so there is no need for a Sync Now button that you would see when using the native Azure Active Directory or Google Workspace directory integrations. Each cloud IdP has their own standard for syncing SCIM data. Please check with your identity provider's documentation to understand how SCIM sync is configured.