Learn about and create a Login Window Profile.
The Login Window profile allows you to customize options for the login window and lock screen, including Login Window & Lock Screen messages, available buttons, and user account visibility.
Creating a Login Window Profile
- Navigate to Library using the left-hand navigation menu.
- Click Add New from the upper right-hand corner.
- Find and select the Login Window Profile and click Add & Configure.
- Give your profile a name such as Login Window.
- Select a Blueprint from the Assignment Dropdown.
- Select applicable options and Save your profile.
The banner text option allows you to set a custom banner at the bottom of the macOS Login Window. Global Profile Variables such as $ASSET_TAG can be used here.
Disable automatic login after FileVault disk unlock
This option disables the FileVault Auto Login feature, enabling this option will require the end-user to authenticate a second time at the Login Window after authenticating at the FileVault pre-boot authentication window.
This option can be incredibly useful for environments that leverage smart cards or Yubico PAM authentication and want to ensure the user additionally authenticates with a smart card.
Logged In Users - Hide "Lock Screen" option in the Apple menu
Enabling this option will prevent users from locking the Mac screen. This option can be critical in multi-user macOS environments as once a screen is locked by a user, it can only be unlocked by that user unless a restart is forced.