Utilize Kandji's built in Media Access control options.
By default macOS allows users to utilize all types of media including CDs, DVDs, Disk Images and Hard Drives. Kandji provides a way to limit or prevent these types of media from being utilized by your fleet.
- Navigate to Blueprints in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Select the Blueprint you wish to edit Parameters within.
- Once editing, scroll or search for the Media Parameters.
- From here you can specify what occurs when a user attempts to utilize each media type.
- After you've specified your desired settings, Save the Blueprint and these settings will be deployed to enrolled devices during their next check-in.
A restart is required for macOS to recognize and enforce changes made to media access.
Disabling Disk Images from mounting will prevent Custom App installs that utilize .dmg files.