Learn how to configure Managed OS for your fleet.
Enabling Managed OS in your Library
Deploying and enforcing an OS version is as easy as adding an OS to your library and assigning it to a Blueprint. Follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Library in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Select Add New in the upper right-hand corner.
- Scroll down to the Operating Systems section and select your desired OS.
Configuring Managed OS
- Assign the Managed OS to a Blueprint.
- On the configuration page, select an option for Version Enforcement.
Available options include:
- Do Not Manage: This option will not manage OS updates.
- Automatically Enforce New Updates: This option will allow you to pick a default time frame in which new releases will be enforced. This time frame is calculated based on the date Apple released the update.
- Manually Enforce Minimum Version: This option allows you to specify a version of macOS, as well as the date by which users must upgrade.
- If you select Manually Enforce Minimum Version—which we recommend if it's the first time you're managing OS updates for your Mac devices—you will see the Minimum Version option to select a macOS version to enforce.
- Select an Enforcement Deadline. This is the date by which the minimum macOS version must be met or else the update will be enforced. Updates will cache and your users will begin to be prompted to update 5 days prior to the enforcement deadline.
- Select an Enforcement Time Zone to determine when to enforce the update.
- Select an Enforcement Time, which will be the exact time of day that the update is enforced; the enforcement will be determined server-side based on the previously selected Enforcement Time Zone.
- Click Save.
To learn more about Managed OS, please see our other support articles:
Managed OS Compatibility and Installation Mechanisms
User Experience with Managed OS