How to erase all data on a Kandji enrolled Mac.
When a device is erased via Kandji all data, including the operating system, will be erased from the Mac. After the erase has completed the Mac will display a lock screen. Once the PIN code (provided by Kandji) is entered, the Mac will display a question mark. Installing macOS is required to use the computer again. Review Apple's guide to reinstalling macOS this by clicking here.
Erase a macOS Device
- Navigate to Devices in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click on the desired device.
- Click the Device Actions button at the top right-hand side of the window.
- Select Erase Device.
- Check the confirmation box.
- Click the erase button.
- A pin code to unlock the device will be displayed in the Web App when you select Show PIN under the device details page.
For more detailed information about taking action on devices, see the Devices section of our Knowledge Base.