Learn how to delete a local user directly from an enrolled Mac.
|Required Device Type||macOS|
|Required Enrollment Status||Supervised|
|Required OS Version||macOS 10.13+|
Leveraging Apple's MDM framework, Kandji provides administrators the ability to delete a macOS User Account. Deleting a user in this way leverages MDM protocol, meaning that as long as the device is online, an account should be deleted near-instantly. For information on erasing devices, see our guide here.
Deleting a User Account
- Click Devices from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Select a macOS device from your list of devices.
- Click the Device Action Menu from the top right corner.
- Click the Delete User Account option from the menu.
- Input the full Account Name of the user you would like to delete.
- Click Delete User.
You can check the progress of this command by going to the activity section of the device record.
A list of all local users on an enrolled Mac can be viewed by going to the Details section of the device record.
Once you're done creating your Blueprint, you can configure it as you see fit and start enrolling devices. You can also move your device to a different Blueprint.