Learn more about Kandji's Application Blacklisting.
Kandji can block specific applications from being opened on enrolled devices. Attempting to open a Blacklisted Application results in the Application being immediately closed, and a block message displayed to the user.
- Blocking Mail.app and Outlook.app to ensure users only access email via a Web Browser.
- Blacklist Office 2011 Applications after deploying Office 2019 to prevent incompatibility.
- Limiting specific users access to Terminal.app
Blacklisting an Application from Device Record
- Login to Kandji and open a computer record that currently has the Application that you wish to block installed.
- Click the Applications tab and locate the Application in question.
- Click the More (...) button to the right of the Application and click "Blacklist Application.
- Select the desired Blueprint that should receive the Blacklisting Rule, and customize the identifiers as needed.
- Click Create.
You can customize the Block Message by editing the Application Blacklisting parameter inside the applied Blueprint.
Manually Blacklisting an Application
- Login to Kandji and open the desired Blueprint.
- Click Edit Parameters and scroll down to Application Blacklisting.
- Enable the parameter, and identify the Application by Process Name, Path, DeveloperID, or BundleID.
- Customize the Block Message and "More Info" button that is displayed to users when attempting to open a Blocked Application.
- Click Save.
Users attempting to open a Blacklisted application receive a popup with the customizable block message. Users that click Learn More will be directed to the URL specified in the Block Message.