Learn how to add a custom app to your Kandji Library
Kandji allows you to deploy custom apps to your devices. This guide reviews the steps needed to add a Custom Application to your Library.
Add an App to your Kandji Library
- Click on Library in the navigation bar.
- Click on Add New.
- Select Custom App and Fill out the following details.
- Custom App Name: Display name for App within Kandji Library and Blueprints.
- Execution Frequency: Specify if Kandji should attempt to install this package once per device, or have the package enforced.
- Chose Package Type: Chose from Installer Package, Disk image, or ZIP file.
- Pre-install Script: Provide a script to be executed before the package is run.
- Upload Package: Attach a .pkg, .app, or .zip file with the desired package to deploy.
- Post-Install Script: Provide a script to be executed after the package is run.
- Restart after successful install: Specify if Macs should restart after the package (and scripts, if provided) are deployed.
- Click Save.
The new Custom App will now appear in your Library, ready to be added to a Blueprints.
Learn how to Deploy a Custom App.
If a .zip file package type is chosen, you will have an additional field to define an unzip location.